Friday, February 10, 2012

The Mirror

Alexis Martinez & Kofi Asante

The Mirror



Introduction:

Ok, so I've been listening to everybody's stories from the beginning, and it seems to me that there are a couple of basic patterns for this kind of thing. The first one is, here is the world of the living, over there is the world of the dead, and it's a story about crossing between the two. Like ghosts, and that type of thing. And then there's the type where phenomena or abilities exist that surpass everyday three-dimensional experience. E.S.P., premonitions, and the like. If you were to divide them broadly, I think you could separate them into those two groups.

And if you take what I said even further, I think you'd find that everybody only has experiences of one type or the other. What I mean is, someone who sees ghosts may see ghosts again and again, but he never has premonitions, and someone who has ESP may have premonitions all the time but will never see a ghost. I have no idea why this is, but for whatever reason it seems to happen this way. Or at least I think so.

And of course there are some people who don't fit into either group. Me, for example. I've been alive for 30-some years, and I've never once seen a ghost. Nor have I ever had a vision or a premonition or anything. There was even a time when I was riding an elevator with two of my friends and they both saw a ghost but I didn't see a thing. They saw this woman wearing a grey suit standing next to me, but there wasn't actually any woman in the elevator. Just the three of us. I'm totally serious. And these two friends weren't the type to put one over on me. Sure, that was a totally creepy experience, but all the same it doesn't change the fact that I've never seen a ghost.

But one time, just one time, I think I felt fear in the depths of my soul. It was more than ten years ago now, but I've never told anyone about it. Even talking about it scared me. I had this feeling like, if I talked about it, the same kind of thing might happen again. So I have kept silent all these years. But tonight, listening to everybody tell their scary stories one by one, as the host, I can't very well close up the place without saying anything at the end. So I've decided to talk. No, please, you don't have to clap. It's really not that big a deal.

Like I said before, I've never seen a ghost and I don't have any special powers. You may not think that my story is as scary as I do, and perhaps you'll think, like, so what? And if that's the case, that's fine. But anyway, this is my story...


Continued in Podcast...

Music:

Carmina Burana - O fortuna!

No comments:

Post a Comment